Friday 19 May 2023

Making Embroidered Daisy Brooches

 

I have been busy getting ready for my first Summer Show, at Blackburn Catherdral in July.
It is a great weekend, The Festival of Making and I love being part of it.
I like to have things for under ten pounds on the stall as well as lots of dolls and I am busy making brooches. These first Summer Daisy brooches are made using the off cuts of my dolls underskirt fabric with punched felt flowers and then embroidered.
They are a really great way to use every bit of fabric.I start by using Bondaweb to the felt and then punch out the daisy shapes. These are then heat bonded to my chosen fabric with the iron. I back each flower with a piece of calico, stick into a tiny embroidery hoop and then embroider.
When embroidered they are cut out and places inside the final teeny tiny embroidery hoop, the backing is glued on using wood glue, allowed to dry and then a brooch back is fixed using E6000 jewellery glue. I must admit I find the whole process very satisfying!I will place them onto a scalloped luggage label and stamp them with my Pook's Studio label and they are ready to go. For Autumn I will have Autumn leaves, black cats and ghosts. For Christmas I will have snowflakes, snowmen and trees. I am up to thirty daisy brooches now, which is not bad for two days work and I am now waiting on deliveries to carry on. It is very therpeutic and I do think they are pretty, especially when seen all together, I do like sets of things!











No comments:

Post a Comment