Friday 18 November 2022

Erinys, A Winter Witch


Erinys is a little winter witch doll in a wool cape. As autumn turns into winter this fabric collection held my attention. The cool greys of winter with a last flash of autumn colour. This will be a small collection of winter dolls using a series of fabrics from the Makower Hedgerow Collection. Not Christmas but winter.

Each doll will either have bergamot in their stuffing and carnelian or citrine with chamomile. Dried chamomile has such an earthy scent I love it in winter and find it calming.
As colours fade and cooler days arrive I am enjoying winter's approach. Nell Burgess, @nellburgess_studio had a lovely flatlay at the beginning of the week that just caught this mood.
Erinys is a Greek name taken from the names of Demeter the goddess of Agriculture. This time of year I remember the story of Demeter's search for her daughter Persephone who was taken by the god of the underworld and hidden from her. So she grieves her girl and the earth stills and cools. As autumn passes I find I am ready for winter, the bulbs are planted, the garden cut back and we are waiting the first frosts.










No comments:

Post a Comment