Friday 14 January 2022

Blossom, An Embroidered Folk Art Doll

A new style of mouse, with an embroidered detail to her face and following on to her wool felt waistcoat. She sports a linen shirt with a Moda fabric dirndl skirt. Complemented with cotton and lace underskirts, her tail pokes out from her cotton broderie anglain drawers and she is finished with a silk scarf in rose silk.

I have wanted to embroider onto the face for a while, having seen this worked on other folks dolls. I love the effect and thoroughly enjoyed making them. Tricky to work so small and the curve of the body was difficult but a great challenge. 

I love making my little sampler sachets for each doll with the machine make cords. I think this really is a lovely contrast to the free embroidery on the doll herself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment