Saturday 21 August 2021

Caria, A Little Mushroom Mouse

 

As I have said, I have developed a quite pronounced shake to my right hand and although I can embroider forever I now struggle to paint tiny face so my work must change. 

These little mice represent the start of something new and different for me and I am loving all the fiddly stitching and their overall look. 

I am working here, on 22 count hardanger and each piece of the dress must be overlocked before commencing to stitch or the evenweave unravels. Also each piece of the bodice must but slightly larger than the pattern to accommodate the embroidery as this pulls in the bodice. 

I thought long and hard about how I would work the embroidery on the dresses and settled, quite happily, for the counted thread work style that I had developed over the years. It will be interesting to see how the work develops. 








No comments:

Post a Comment