Monday 22 January 2018

A New Colour Palette for 2018

Had a really great year in 2017 and over the winter this has given me the opportunity to buy in some wonderful fabric for the dolls in 2018.

I am going for a softer colour palette, more subtle and gentle. Having to abandon my British only policy but want to create a very definate look.  Using more linens especially French linens by Rousseau.  I have gone for Snowberry by Moda and Wordsmith by Janet Clare.  Still using Liberty but the softer tones and quieter prints.  Looking out for Toile du Jouy in calm colourways, love to see a frog in Toile.

I have also got my paws on some vintage calico for doll bodies.  It takes black tea staining like a dream and means I can age the dolls more effectively.  Really excited about the coming year, lots of dolls to make!





No comments:

Post a Comment