Tuesday 16 May 2017

Nell, A Folk Art Rag Doll in Liberty Lawn

 This is Nell, she is a doll made to my Nora pattern so she is extra tubby.  As always she is a one of doll, I never repeat a combination of pattern and style.  Her body is made of tea dyed calico and she has a hand painted, hand stitched face with the softest pink hair.

Her dress is a Liberty Lawn called Thorpe and is reminiscent of a meadow in summer.  She has coordinating knickers and underskirts with a cotton lace petticoat to finish.  Her outfit is detailed with tiny buttons, white organza ribbon and little leather shoes.  Finally she sports a little sampler style lavender sachet.  She has a rose quartz heart and her stuffing is mixed with lavender for a gentle scent.



I like her, she makes me smile.  I think she has a cheery smile and soft gentle eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment