Friday 31 March 2017

Moire, A Rag Doll in Liberty Lawn

 This is Moire, she is made to my Nora Doll pattern so she is nice and tubby.  She stands 14 inches tall and can sit quietly or hang.  She is a real redhead, the wool is a lovely colour from Trimits which they list as beige believe it or not.

She is dressed in a classic Liberty Tana Lawn called Wiltshire in the russett colourway.  The neutral greens and grey blues with that hint of rust just set her hair off a treat.  This is teamed with a sassy silk underskirt and knickers with a cream lace to finish.  I really love the combination.  I have tried to make her colouring pale to reflect her hair tones.

She has a rose quartz heart for love and lavender in her stuffing for a gentle scent.  She is finished with organza ribbon, tiny buttons and a sampler style embroidered lavender sachet.  Her little leather shoes complete her outfit.

I have to say I love my tubby girls and it is a joy making them but sometimes one just makes you smile and Moire does this for me.  I smile and she smiles back.




No comments:

Post a Comment