Friday 16 December 2016

Cora, A Crow Lady in Liberty Lawn

This is Becca's Christmas present, well one of Becca's Christmas presents.  She initially wanted a seagull but is studying crows for her MA and she decided on a crow. Cora is a much smaller pattern than my usual crows, only nine inches. She has a variety of stitches to her embroidered head to give a moving run of textures which is worked on an Oakshott plain cotton in a slate grey.

Her dress is a Liberty Lawn called Wildflower which is based on a series of bookplates from a Victorian book of wild flowers. This colourway is a deep blue and I think it sits well against the black of the crow.  Her underskirt is an antique silk from France which I have had for a absolute age and finished with a pretty modern lace.

Her sachet had to have ribbonwork on it as eveything else was so Victorian and I like the way it looks. Becca chose everything, they are not colours I would have chosen but I really like her choice. So happy Christmas Becca and thank you for letting me share.





No comments:

Post a Comment