Tuesday 29 November 2016

Hope - A Bullfinch Lady in Liberty Lawn

 We don't see many Bullfinches in our garden, so when we do it is a special treat.  A pair have been coming lately and I love to see them.  Hope is a lady Bullfinch all in pinks and oranges, the fabric is called Wild Flowers by Su Blackwell and is inspired by nineteenth century book called Field Guide to Wild Flowers in Britain.

Hope is slightly more pink than our lady Bullfinch but I took some artistic license so that she is worked in palest pink, rose pink and peach thread with black and grey.  I have used a fly stitch and a random cross to delineate her pattern and hopefully bring her to life.

Quite often I use a plain fabric as underskirt and more often than not this is from a company call Fair Trade Fabric,  I have been a regular customer of Ruth's and I am sad to say she is shutting her doors after nine years and I will really miss her.  So if you want a bargain in ethically sourced cotton fabric in wonderfully rich colours do so before Christmas at Fairtradefabric.co.uk.

I do wish that Hope makes you smile, she was a pleasure to make and I am happy with her appearance.  I am working on a Goldcrest at the moment and have reduced my pattern as she is so tiny a bird, the smallest bird in the UK and hopefully I will be able to share her soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment