Friday 25 July 2014

Potfest in the Park, a grand day out in Penrith

What a day we have had up in Penrith at Hutton in the Forrest.  My daughter is in her last year of a ceramics degree course and is doing research for her dissertation on Figurative Ceramics.  So we have been to lots of fairs and shows looking at the most wonderful work.  Earlier in the month we went to Hatfield for Art in Clay, which was fantastic.  Try to to to the show but if you can't go to the show, Hatfield House is worth a visit. So is the show at Potfest in the Park, lively, friendly and just lovely.  
 We have been having unseasonal weather here in Lancashire, it was near 28 degrees today, which is not the usual soggy summer that we get.  So wandering around a ceramics festival in the dry in Cumbria was a surprise but forgetting the scorching sun it was so worth seeing some of the work on show.  I can't start to describe the talent we have in this country, it was a real pleasure.  If your about the North Lakes this weekend and fancy a different day out I can heartily recommend Potfest in the Park.  Next weekend, 1st to 3rd August is Potfest in the Pens in Penrith and I am told this is jolly good day too - no doubt I will find out on Friday.  Being a doll maker and liking the figure so much the two artists that I have included were my favourites but there was so much good work.
Christy Keeny

Sally Macdonnell


 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Lovely photos and article. I was there, too, and agree that it was indeed a great day out ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello FireHorse3. It was my first time and really enjoyed it - looking forward to Potfest in the Pens on Friday. I know a few people who show there and they say its a really fun day.

      Delete