Tuesday 29 October 2013

Big and Little Pink Matryoshka Cloth Dolls

I've been working on my russian matryoshka style dolls and have made variations on a theme.  To the left the first picture shows the size variation and I think they look well together. The big girl, she is twelve inches tall and is soft to touch, the little girl is eight inches tall and stuffs a little firmer. On the smaller girls I have tried to slim down the profile to again give a little individuality.  The face scaled up well and I have included details of all their faces in this post.  Having varied scale, I varied detailing to the body and tried different way of using the ribbon to delineate the hood fabric.  Two of the doll have a contrasting bird with hand embroidery and one has a heart with hand embroidery. I particularly like the potential for embellishment that these dolls have.  I have also enjoyed using felt as a different texture, its ease of use make it a very satisfying fabric and it lends itself so well to hand embroidery.  I kind of feel I have got something here worth investigating, feedback so far has been very positive and they are a delight to make. I get to use all my favourite elements, buttons, ribbon and very pretty fabrics!  I hope you enjoy them and would love to hear any comments that you have. 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment