Friday 24 May 2024

Dittany A Summer Fairy God Mother

 

Dittany is a tiny Fairy God Mother so pretty in pink. Dressed in a new Acufactum print called Flower Meadow, her dress is covered in clover and other summer meadow flowers.
A blush plain teams with the floral and she has the softest pale pink hair. With rose quartz to her heart and a mixture of rose petals and red clover to her stuffing.
As ever she sports a tiny tiara with a little felt wand. Her tiny leather shoes are a soft pink to tone with her outfit. She is a gently fae with a good heart and warm intensions. She completes a trio of Fairy God Mothers currently on the shop
This fabric is truly delightful, packed with roving clover and red campions it is a riot of summer meadow flowers. The book used as a companion in the photoshoot is one of the Enchanted Library by Carolyn Turgeon. This latest edition was a gift for my birthday and features Unicorns. The other two in the series are Fairies and Mermaids. They are a delightful series and I find my bookshelf tends towards the fae and the magical these days. Brian Froud's Fairies still being a favourite and the Folio Society's edition of How to See Fairies. Coupled with lots of books on costume and dress with a host of embroidery books that is how my bookshelf now looks with far too many books of wild flowers!
I must admit to loving anything pink and these candy floss fae are among my favourites. Hair, the bigger the better all in a soft baby pink.
Busy this weekend working on Summer Witches and then finally getting ready to make Norman Hartnell nurses in their smart navy capes. I have sourced some of the tiniest buckles for their belts, all very exciting. I made the first one as a commission and have been itching to make more. Made to my tiniest pattern they are smart non nonsense girls with a great attitude.
Have a lovely weekend and my warmest wishes to you all xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment