Friday 19 April 2024

The Tails of Two Kitties

 

This little chap is one of my new kitties, dressed in plus fours and an attractive waistcoat. I have been trying to make a cat I like for some years now and this one I like.
This colourway is based on our own dear boy Asher, who is a British Lilac. He was a rescue who was the tiny runt of a very large litter. Not cooked long enough he had kinks in his tail and a heart condition as well as being very wee.
He is still very small but makes up for it by being the naughtiest, funniest cat we have ever lived with. When not rampaging around the bungalow, annoying the other cats or destroying all my houseplants he is quietly asleep somewhere awkward. Yesterday we were peacefully working in the studio when there was an almighty crash and Reuba just said Oh No He is Awake!
That said, we love him very much and would not be without him for anything.
The Tails of Two Kitties!
I am sorry I could not resist and made both my husband and Reuba groan but i thought it was very funny!
Each cat has lemongrass to their stuffing with an obsidian crystal to their heart. There outfits are based on an Acufactum print in deep jade green adorned with pumpkins, black birds and ginger cats. I do like their blue eyes and their slightly cross expressions.
Katalia looks so pretty in pumpkins. I like the grey or blue cat fabric but I am favouring a black for the cats body. I will have to experiment.
I find them so hard to make, cats and yet I know them so well. From the flat headed spitting balls of fur from the farm of my childhood to the grace of all the house cats we have adopted over the years. We are on our seventh house cat, Asher. Lavender and Lucca lived to be nineteen and we miss them terribly. Louis and Puss just moved in, we still have Louis but lost Puss. He was with us twelve years but we don't know how old he was when he arrived. He rarely came in the house but had a special insulated home built for him just outside the back door, which suited him better. We loved them all and miss the ones moved on but Lyra, Louis and the redoubtable Asher keep us on our toes xx






















No comments:

Post a Comment