Friday 26 April 2024

A Trio of Fae

 

This tiny trio are not remotely wicked fae but hard working fairy God mothers with nothing but good wishes to spread.
Each dressed in a pretty Acufactum fabric with a floral and fruit theme.
It always amazes me that the pattern is the same but each has her own character and personality. It must be the micro differences when painting each face and the set of the hair when stitching into place.
Hollyhock is one of a small collection of flower fairy God mothers. With soft lilac hair and a summer print from Acufactum she is a gentle fae.
A warm wistful face with hand painted and hand embroidered features. She has rose petals to her heart with rose quartz for love.
The fabric is called A Summer Village and has tiny cottages surrounded by glorious hollyhocks. I love the little lass running through the village and on her bicycle. As ever she is finished with a sampler pillow, tiny wand, leather shoes and wee buttons.
They are my secret joy to make. I make at least one a week. I love the size and their dainty character.
I am working on new mermaids at the moment. I have created a new pattern based on the size of the fairy God mother pattern. They are a better size and sit beautifully in the hand, also looking well on the wall.
We have had a few bonny days but it is so cold for the end of April. Several sunny days in the garden have been lovely. We have started planting pots with perennials just for the bees. The hollyhocks in a large tub I am really looking forward to xx















No comments:

Post a Comment