Floss is a tiny autumn wren, dressed in a lovely autumn Liberty tana lawn fabric called Naiad for A/W2023. Her underskirts are cinnamon woven gingham and cream tulle lace and she has the new birdy feet. Finished with tiny buttons, organza ribbon and an embroidered sampler sachet with a tiny wren hoop brooch that you can wear yourself should you want to!
As always no paint is used to delineate her plumage on her head, wings and tiny tail, they are all hand embroidered. She has citrine to her heart with rosemary in her stuffing for a gentle fragrance and for autumn.
I can express the joy I have in making these tiny birds, I so love their embroidery. Over the years they have become smaller and more delicate until they are now less than 20cm and just sit in your hand.
I tend to make birds that I find in my garden and i am going to expand my range to include Robins, Siskins and Long Tailed Tits. We have resident Nuthatches but I would need to work out their head as although a passerine they have a definate shape to heir head. At some point there will be Grey Wagtails and Greenfinches. All welcome visitors to our garden.












No comments:
Post a Comment